A mix of theory and practical training, this course is designed to
enable operators to manoeuvre and position the machine safely and
proficiently. It can be undertaken on Push Around Verticals (PAVs).
- Safe operation of PAV and limitations of use
- Pre-use checks, inspection and function tests
- Emergency lowering
- Planning the route before operating the PAV
- Introduction to the PAV
- Major components identification and its function
- Starting/stopping the PAV, correct starting and shut down procedures
- Travelling the route and manoeuvring the PAV
- Setting up the PAV for work
- Basic operational practice
- Achievement testing
- Use of log book, course evaluation and close
By the end of the course, the delegate will:
- Be fully aware of the relevant Health & Safety regulations and
accident prevention and control.
- Be fully aware of the needs regarding personal protection equipment,
correct emergency procedures, capacity and limitations.
- Be able to manoeuvre and position the machine as required, and
operate the machine proficiently and safely.
- Be able to correctly position and carry out the required tasks in a correct and proper manner.
Operators using PAVs.
- Applicants should be at least 16 years old.
- It is desirable (but not mandatory) that applicants should be literate.
- It is desirable ( but not mandatory ) that applicants have had driving experience as an indication of dexterity.
Operators who are already
trained in the categories 1a and/
or 3a will also be able to use a
PAV after being familiarised by a
qualified person with the specific
On successful completion,
delegates that do already hold
a IPAF PAL (Powered Access
Licence) card will have their
log book endorsed with this
qualification. Delegates that do
not hold a IPAF PAL card they
will receive a PAL photo ID
card, giving instant recognition
of identity and the categories
accredited. The card is valid for
5 years, after which the delegate
would need to be re-assessed.