A course designed to minimise the risk of injury to individuals and others by increasing awareness of potential manual handling hazards in the workplace.
Manual Handling Course Details
- Course Content
Manual Handling Regulations
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations.
- Accident statistics.
- The functions of the spine and muscular system.
- Typical injuries.
- Hazard identification and assessment of:
- The task
- The load
- The working environment
- Individual capabilities
- Correct handling techniques.
- Practical exercises and tuition.
- Summarise the legislation and manual handling regulations that relate to lifting in the workplace.
- Appreciate the financial impact on industry caused by injuries from poor manual handling.
- Identify and assess potential hazards and choose appropriate methods of risk control which includes the selection of any lifting equipment that may be required.
- Carry out manual handling techniques in a safe and efficient manner.
- Course Overview
Duration: Half Day
Number of Delegates: Maximum 12
Overview: To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of how to minimise the risk of injury to themselves and others by increasing awareness of potential manual handling hazards in the workplace and their outcomes.
- Who should Attend
- Anyone who has to carry out Manual Handling activities
- Additional Information
- Delegates attending this course should be 18+ and be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
- Final qualification
- Upon successful completion of the course, each successful delegate will receive an in-house certificate, valid for 3 years.