This course is to give candidates an understanding of their responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health and welfare and current health & safety legislation including risk assessment.
Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Refresher Course Details
- Course Content
Induction to Health & Safety management.
- Updated Health & Safety.
- Welfare & environmental legislation.
- Control of hazards and risks
- Responsibilities of Supervisors and Managers
- Course Overview
Duration: 2 Days
Number of Delegates: Maximum 20
Overview: This course is to give candidates an understanding of their responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health and welfare and current Health & Safety legislation, including risk assessment.
A light lunch will be provided to delegates attending this course.
- Who should Attend
- People who currently hold a valid Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate. The certificate has to be renewed every five years by attending this SMSTS Refresher course. Candidates must attend the refresher course prior to the end date on their certificate. Anyone who does not attend before their certificate expires will risk their right to attend a refresher course and will be required to attend the full course again.
- Additional Information
- Candidates must already hold a Site Management Safety Scheme (SMSTS) certificate that has been gained within the previous five years and that has not expired.
- Final qualification
- On successful completion of the course the delegates are awarded the Construction Skills Site Safety Plus Certificate.