At the end of this course delegates will have a clear understanding of the health and safety affects of asbestos, and the practical steps they can take to ensure they are either not exposed to it or how to minimise any exposure.
Asbestos Awareness Course Details
- Course Content
- Introduction to asbestos - nature and origin
- Types of asbestos
- Properties and benefits (use of asbestos)
- Health hazards
- Possible locations of asbestos in buildings
- Current legislation and guidance
- Legal limitations on work liable to disturb asbestos
- Working safely/duty holders responsibilities
- Safe working in areas where asbestos is present
- Safe and correct use of RPE/PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Emergency procedures / accidental damage/general procedures
- Self assessment test.
- Course Overview
Duration: Half Day
Number of Delegates: Maximum 12
Overview: This course which complies with HSE requirements is a form of training suitable for all employees whose work could forseeably expose them to asbestos (Regulation 10 - control of Asbestos At Work Regulations 2006).
- Who should Attend
- All employees whose work could forseeably expose them to asbestos (Regulation 10 - Control of Asbestos At Work Regulations 2006).
- Additional Information
- Final qualification
- Upon completion of the course, each successful delegate will receive a in-house certificate, valid for 1 year.