To instruct supervisors and managers how to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) within their control.
IPAF MEWPs For Managers Course Details
- Course Content
- Introduction including pre-course theory test, IPAF and PAL card overview
- Understanding the different machine classifications i.e. 1a, 1b, 3a, 3b, MC, TPI and IAD
- Awareness of different types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs)
- Examine the history of MEWPs and the sustainability of machine for tasks
- Understanding requirements for pre-use checks and daily maintenance prior to work commencing
- Understanding of regulations relating to MEWP usage
- Brief view of machines to understand some of the hazards (optional)
- Understanding the delivery of machines and familiarisation process on site
- Individual written test, with explanation of pass requirements . N.B Failure to pass will mean the delegate will have to re-sit the course on another day
- Course review and close
- Be fully aware of the relevant Health & Safety regulations and accident prevention and control
- Be fully aware of the needs regarding personal protection equipment
- Be fully aware of the need to refer to the machine operating manual and of the need for familiarisations
- Be fully aware of the implications of a hire contract
- Be fully aware of the importance of selecting the correct machine
- Be fully aware of planning and maintenance considerations.
- Course Overview
Duration: 1 Day
Number of Delegates: Maximum 10
This one day course is designed to instruct supervisors and managers how to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of MEWPs within their control.
- Who should Attend
Supervisors and managers.
- Additional Information
Applicants should be at least 16 years old. It is desirable (but not mandatory) that applicants should be literate as the course is theory-based and involves the understanding of many regulations and standards relating to MEWPs.
- Final qualification
On successful completion, delegates will receive an IPAF certificate. Please note, this course does not provide delegates with a Powered Access Licence, PAL Card nor qualify them to operate powered access equipment.
Our Trainer Pete Hazell helping on the official IPAF video